Teaching has always been a passion of mine: I believe you only truly understand something complex if you are able to explain it in simple terms. At Ghent University, I am or have been involved in the courses below.
Ghent University: 2015–2017 (lectures and exercises), 2013–2015 (exercises)
I‘m teaching the Web Fundamentals module of the Web Development (C003779) course to students in the 2nd year of the Bachelor of Science in Computer Science. This course discusses the architecture and technologies of the World Wide Web.
For this course, I developed a series of open-source webslides.
- View the slides online on GitHub Pages.
- Ask a question or write a comment by creating a GitHub issue.
- Make a suggestion by creating a GitHub pull request.
In addition, I also supervise the course’s practical exercises.
Multimedia & Multimedia Techniques
Ghent University: 2010–2012 (exercises)
I taught practical exercises of the Multimedia (C002126) course for the 2nd year of the Bachelor of Science in Computer Science, and of the Multimedia Techniques (E019130) course for the 3rd year of the Bachelor of Science in Computer Science Engineering.
In addition to teaching at Ghent University, I occasionally visit other institutions.
If you are interested in a guest lecture at your institution, please contact me.
- Ghent University (IVPV): Large-scale Linked Data (2015–2016)
- Howest: Architecture and development of Web APIs (2013–2015)
- University of Washington: Introducing REST (2013–2014)
- Université Libre de Bruxelles: Architecture d’information: durabilité (2012–2013)
- Université Libre de Bruxelles: Sustainable information architecture (2011–2012)