Semantically Annotating CEUR-WS Workshop Proceedings with RML
In this paper, we present our solution for the first task of the second edition of the Semantic Publishing Challenge. The task requires extracting and semantically annotating information regarding CEUR-WS workshops, their chairs and conference affiliations, as well as their papers and their authors, from a set of html-encoded workshop proceedings volumes. Our solution builds on last year’s submission, while we address a number of shortcomings, assess the generated dataset for its quality and publish the queries as SPARQL query templates. This is accomplished using the RDF Mapping Language (RML) to define the mappings, RMLProcessor to execute them, RDFUnit to both validate the mapping documents and assess the generated dataset’s quality, and The DataTank to publish the SPARQL query templates. This results in an overall improved quality of the generated dataset that is reflected in the query results.
Full text BibTeX Mendeley
Published in 2016 in Proceedings of the 12th Extended Semantic Web Conference: Semantic Publishing Challenge.
Keywords: RML, SPARQL
Read this paper online
- Read the full text online.
- Request a digital copy of this paper.
- Add this paper to your Mendeley library.
Cite this paper in your publications
- Use the BibTeX entry to easily refer to this paper.
- Alternatively, you can refer to this paper as: Heyvaert, P., Dimou, A., Verborgh, R., Mannens, E. and Van de Walle, R. (2016), “Semantically Annotating CEUR-WS Workshop Proceedings with RML”, in Gandon, F., Cabrio, E., Stankovic, M. and Zimmermann, A. (Eds.), Proceedings of the 12th Extended Semantic Web Conference: Semantic Publishing Challenge, Springer, pp. 165–176.