I believe in a Web on whichRuben Verborgh semantic hypermedia researcher
clients possess more intelligence
than the servers they use.
I'm a researcher in semantic hypermedia at Data Science Lab, a group within iMinds and Ghent University, and a postdoctoral fellow of the Research Foundation Flanders. I love to discuss about the Semantic Web, hypermedia clients, Web APIs, Linked Data, Web architecture, and much more. If you like these things too, then we should talk.
My belief is that if we want to see intelligent clients, we should stop trying to build intelligent servers. We should shift our focus towards new methods of building clients that emphasize serendipitous reuse of data and functionality.
Combining Triple Pattern Fragments with Memento to query previous dataset versions in the browser.
APIs are more than just data: context and controls also belong in the message.
Querying multiple sources is the Linked Data dream—and it's happening now.
I'm involved in the following projects:
- Linked Data Fragments
- Query Linked Data on a Web scale by moving intelligence to the client.
- Describe your hypermedia APIs so that automated agents can use them.
- Free Your Metadata
- Open up your precious metadata to the Web.
- Reasoning on the Web
- Discover Semantic Web reasoning through open source projects.
- Distributed Affordance
- Create personalized links through semantics and Web APIs.
Discover the research I'm into through my recent publications:
- conference Effect of Heuristics on Serendipity in Path-based Storytelling with Linked Data Proceedings of the 18th International Conference on Human-Computer Interaction
- conference Using Rules to Generate and Execute Workflows in Smart Factories Proceedings of the RuleML 2016 Challenge, Doctoral Consortium and Industry Track hosted by the 10th International Web Rule Symposium
- workshop Application of Semantic Web Technologies for Automatic Multimedia Annotation Proceedings of the Web Archiving and Digital Libraries workshop
- conference Moving Real-Time Linked Data Query Evaluation to the Client Proceedings of the 13th Extended Semantic Web Conference: Posters and Demos
- conference Graph-Based Editing of Linked Data Mappings using the RMLEditor Proceedings of the 13th Extended Semantic Web Conference: Posters and Demos
See all my publications…