People like you and me are no longer the only consumers of the World Wide Web. Automated clients are starting to browse the Web for us. They face many obstacles, including a giant semantic gap.
My belief is that if we want to see intelligent clients, we should stop trying to build intelligent servers. We should shift our focus towards new methods of building clients that emphasize serendipitous reuse of data and functionality.
This is why I'm a postdoctoral researcher in semantic hypermedia at Multimedia Lab, a research group of iMinds and Ghent University. I love to think and discuss about the Semantic Web, hypermedia clients and APIs, Linked Data, Web architecture, and much more. If you like these things too, then we should talk.
- Towards Web-scale Web querying
- The quest for intelligent clients starts with simple servers that scale.
- My PhD on semantic hypermedia
- By combining semantics and hypermedia, we can create smarter clients.
- Apologies for cross-posting
- Communication habits sometimes achieve the opposite of what we want.
Take a look at my projects to see what I'm working on at Multimedia Lab:
- Linked Data Fragments
- Query Linked Data on a Web scale by moving intelligence to the client.
- Describe your hypermedia APIs so that automated agents can use them.
- Distributed Affordance
- Create personalized links through semantics and Web APIs.
- Free Your Metadata
- Open up your precious metadata to the Web.
- Reasoning on the Web
- Discover Semantic Web reasoning with open source projects and documentation.
Discover more about my research through my recent publications:
- Proceedings of the Fifth International Workshop on Web APIs and RESTful Design (2014) Details PDF BibTeX Mendeley
- Web-Scale Querying through Linked Data Fragments (2014) Details PDF BibTeX Mendeley
- RML: A Generic Language for Integrated RDF Mappings of Heterogeneous Data (2014) Details PDF BibTeX Mendeley
- Weaving the Web(VTT) of Data (2014) Details PDF BibTeX Mendeley
- Towards Decentralized Annotations in Digital Books and on the Web (2014) Details PDF BibTeX Mendeley
See all my publications…