I believe in a Web on whichRuben Verborgh semantic hypermedia researcher
clients possess more intelligence
than the servers they use.
I'm a researcher in semantic hypermedia at Multimedia Lab, a research group of iMinds and Ghent University, and a postdoctoral fellow of the Research Foundation Flanders. I love to discuss about the Semantic Web, hypermedia clients, Web APIs, Linked Data, Web architecture, and much more. If you like these things too, then we should talk.
My belief is that if we want to see intelligent clients, we should stop trying to build intelligent servers. We should shift our focus towards new methods of building clients that emphasize serendipitous reuse of data and functionality.
APIs are more than just data: context and controls also belong in the message.
Querying multiple sources is the Linked Data dream—and it's happening now.
Intelligent agents require an environment that allows them to act smart.
Take a look at my projects to see what I'm working on at Multimedia Lab:
- Linked Data Fragments
- Query Linked Data on a Web scale by moving intelligence to the client.
- Describe your hypermedia APIs so that automated agents can use them.
- Distributed Affordance
- Create personalized links through semantics and Web APIs.
- Free Your Metadata
- Open up your precious metadata to the Web.
- Reasoning on the Web
- Discover Semantic Web reasoning through open source projects.
Discover the research I'm into through my recent publications:
- workshop What public transit API logs tell us about travel flows Proceedings of the 6th USEWOD Workshop on Usage Analysis and the Web of Data
- workshop Automated Metadata Generation for Linked Data Generation and Publishing Workflows Proceedings of the 9th Workshop on Linked Data on the Web
- conference State-of-the-Art Assessment on the Implementations of International Core Data Models for Public Administrations Proceedings of the 9th International Conference on Theory and Practice of Electronic Governance
- journal Iterative querying of the Semantic Web KWALON
- conference Developing Sustainable Mobile Guides for Tourism Proceedings of the 9th International Conference on Theory and Practice of Electronic Governance
See all my publications…