I believe in a Web on whichRuben Verborgh semantic hypermedia researcher
clients possess more intelligence
than the servers they use.
I'm a researcher in semantic hypermedia at Multimedia Lab, a research group of iMinds and Ghent University, and a postdoctoral fellow of the Research Foundation Flanders. I love to discuss about the Semantic Web, hypermedia clients, Web APIs, Linked Data, Web architecture, and much more. If you like these things too, then we should talk.
My belief is that if we want to see intelligent clients, we should stop trying to build intelligent servers. We should shift our focus towards new methods of building clients that emphasize serendipitous reuse of data and functionality.
APIs are more than just data: context and controls also belong in the message.
Querying multiple sources is the Linked Data dream—and it's happening now.
Intelligent agents require an environment that allows them to act smart.
Take a look at my projects to see what I'm working on at Multimedia Lab:
- Linked Data Fragments
- Query Linked Data on a Web scale by moving intelligence to the client.
- Describe your hypermedia APIs so that automated agents can use them.
- Distributed Affordance
- Create personalized links through semantics and Web APIs.
- Free Your Metadata
- Open up your precious metadata to the Web.
- Reasoning on the Web
- Discover Semantic Web reasoning through open source projects.
Discover the research I'm into through my recent publications:
- conference Data Integration based on Uniform Mapping Definitions to RDF Proceedings of the European Data Forum details full text BibTeX
- conference Hybrid Books for Interactive Digital Storytelling: Connecting Story Entities and Emotions to Smart Environments Proceedings of the 8th International Conference on Interactive Digital Storytelling details BibTeX
- workshop Improving OWL RL reasoning in N3 by using specialized rules Proceedings of the 12th OWL: Experiences and Directions Workshop details BibTeX
- conference Opportunistic Linked Data Querying through Approximate Membership Metadata Proceedings of the 14th International Semantic Web Conference details full text BibTeX
- conference Substring Filtering for Low-Cost Linked Data Interfaces Proceedings of the 14th International Semantic Web Conference details full text BibTeX
See all my publications…