People like you and me are no longer the only consumers of the World Wide Web. Automated clients are starting to browse the Web for us. They face many obstacles, including a giant semantic gap.
My belief is that if we want to see intelligent clients, we should stop trying to build intelligent servers. We should shift our focus towards new methods of building clients that emphasize serendipitous reuse of data and functionality.
This is why I'm a postdoctoral researcher in semantic hypermedia at Multimedia Lab, a research group of iMinds and Ghent University. I love to think and discuss about the Semantic Web, hypermedia clients and APIs, Linked Data, Web architecture, and much more. If you like these things too, then we should talk.
- Thank you for your attention
- An audience shouldn't do you a favor by listening—do them a favor by explaining.
- Distinguishing between Frank and Nancy
- Enriching DBpedia with detected gender information allows for new insights.
- The Year of the Developers
- Let's appreciate those who eventually build the Semantic Web, line by line.
Take a look at my projects to see what I'm working on at Multimedia Lab:
- Linked Data Fragments
- Query Linked Data on a Web scale by moving intelligence to the client.
- Describe your hypermedia APIs so that automated agents can use them.
- Distributed Affordance
- Create personalized links through semantics and Web APIs.
- Free Your Metadata
- Open up your precious metadata to the Web.
- Reasoning on the Web
- Discover Semantic Web reasoning through open source projects.
Discover more about my research through my recent publications:
- PREMIS OWL (2015) Details Full text BibTeX Mendeley
- Querying Datasets on the Web with High Availability (2014) Details Full text BibTeX Mendeley
- Proceedings of the ISWC Developers Workshop 2014 (2014) Details Full text BibTeX Mendeley
- Low-Cost Queryable Linked Data through Triple Pattern Fragments (2014) Details Full text BibTeX Mendeley
- Hosting Queryable and Highly Available Linked Data for Free (2014) Details Full text BibTeX Mendeley
See all my publications…